The DC Universe is about to change.
As was announced two weeks ago, this upcoming Free Comic Book Day will see a huge drop of “DC’s Generation Zero: Gods Among Us”. The title will be an epilogue to the Prime Wally West series “Flash Forward” and will see West, who was the embodiment of DC’s Rebirth initiative take control of the Mobius Chair. What this means as far as the future of Wally West? I’m not sure, you can read the specifics of the story from DC here.
Following Generation Zero however, will be Generation One: Age of Mysteries which will be a series of five oversized Prestige one-shots focusing on iconic moments in the DC Universe firsthand through characters such as Wonder Woman, “Green Lantern” Alan Scott, “Mister Terrific” Terry Sloane, and more.
“The Generation series of specials are built to bring the new DC timeline to life,” said Dan DiDio of DC Comics. “With Generation One: Age of Mysteries and every subsequent volume we’ll be shining a spotlight on the 80-plus-year publishing history of the DC universe while charting the course for the bright future of DC’s characters. All of our greatest stories and events will create the backdrop and context for the great new adventures we have planned. Everything counts, and we guarantee there’ll be surprises along the way!”
The one-shots will shine the light on some other mysteries as well such as:
- What was the previously undocumented “big bang” of the Age of Mysteries?
- Which character truly ushers in the dawn of Super Heroes, inspiring all the rest?
- What was the real reason behind the Justice Society of America’s retirement?
- Which Golden Age hero will become history’s greatest villain?
- What contentious alliance kept the Wayne family dynasty alive after Thomas and Martha’s deaths?
- Who are the new, never-seen-before wildcards that will be instrumental in fashioning DC’s push to the future?
There really is a good amount of talent involved in these one-shots from the likes of Brian Michael Bendis to my personal favorite Joshua Williamson. The art team features Doug Mahnke, Mikel Janin, and more. Generation Two: Age of the Metahuman, Generation Three: Age of Crisis, Generation Four: Age of Rebirth and Generation Five: Age of Tomorrow will follow monthly after Generation One: Age of Mysteries after its May 27th release.
So what revelations do you think will be brought to the light? I am personally looking forward to the Justice Society story.
Source: DC Comics